User accepts and agrees to the following:
- To provide accurate and complete information as required by the North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC).
- To promptly notify the AOC of any change to User's profile information including, but not limited to, any change in name, address, firm affiliation, or status as a member in good standing of the North Carolina State Bar.
- Not to use or attempt to use a user ID that is obscene, offensive, potentially libelous, or deceptive. A deceptive user ID includes, but is not limited to, a user ID that could be construed to give a false or misleading impression of the individual owner's identity or association with any other legal entity.
- To be bound by and follow the General Rules of Practice and Procedure for the North Carolina Business Court, which are available at www.ncbusinesscourt.net.
- That only a natural person will be issued a user ID, and an individual may have only one active user ID at any given time.
- To notify the AOC immediately of any breach of user ID security, including any use of the user ID by an individual not expressly authorized to do so by User.
- That User shall be responsible for the security and use of the user ID and password. Any electronic filing or other interaction with the eFiling system by that user ID and password shall be deemed to be made by User or with User's express authorization.
- That a user ID and password may not be transferred to anyone. Upon cessation of use of a user ID by the individual to whom it originally was assigned, User agrees to notify the AOC immediately to terminate the user ID.
- To suspension of User's account by the AOC if the AOC determines that there is any misuse, abuse, or fraudulent use of the account. Service will also be suspended if any information provided during the account registration process is false or fraudulent.
- That misuse, abuse, or fraud may also result in civil liability, criminal prosecution, a grievance being filed with the appropriate licensing agency, or any combination thereof.
- To cooperate with the AOC and law enforcement during investigations into misuse, abuse or fraud.
- Electronic filings are governed by the General Rules of Practice and Procedure for the North Carolina Business Court, and should comply with N.C.G.S. § 132-1.10(d).
- To submit court filings electronically only for Business Court cases in which User is an attorney of record or a case participant.
- That use of the eFiling login process with a user ID and password, followed by submission of electronic documents to the eFiling system, constitutes User's "signature" for purposes of Rule 11 of the North Carolina Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Except where filed under seal, documents electronically filed in the Business Court will be publicly accessible at ncbusinesscourt.net.
- That the AOC may deploy updates or modifications to the eFiling system at any time, with or without prior notice, and that User's continued use of the eFiling system to file documents electronically with the Business Court constitutes acceptance of the system as updated or modified.
- That the AOC may delay, limit, or deny access to the eFiling system due to system outages, scheduled maintenance and backups, or unforeseen events that may occur.
- To use software for document production and access to the eFiling system compliant with the General Rules of Practice and Procedure for the North Carolina Business Court and the AOC's recommended specifications, as updated periodically at www.ncbusinesscourt.net.
- That User assumes all risk and waives any claim for damages against the AOC resulting from use of the eFiling system.
- That, by use of the eFiling system, User acquires no ownership or intellectual property interest in the eFiling system, its content, or related materials, including, but not limited to user IDs or passwords; user profile information; documents filed electronically; user interface design, format or content; titles or terminology; logos or other artwork; or training materials and documentation. User agrees that all such intellectual property is the sole property of the AOC or of the vendor selected to develop or host the eFiling system, and that no such content may be reproduced without permission from the AOC.
- Not to develop, produce, or disseminate any derivative work or product based upon, or intended to interact with, the eFiling system without permission of the AOC and any vendor selected to develop or host the system.
- Not to employ any software that collects, intercepts, or otherwise "mines" information or content from the eFiling system.
- That the continuation or any renewal or extension of the eFiling system is dependent upon and subject to the allocation, availability, or appropriation of State funds appropriated to the AOC.